Alena A. Fedorova, Assistant of the sub-department mechanical engineering technology, Chuvash State University named after I. N. Ulyanov (15 Moskovskiy avenue, Cheboksary, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Sergey A. Vasil'ev, Doctor of engineering sciences, associate professor, head of the sub-department applied mechanics and graphics, Chuvash State University named after I. N. Ulyanov (15 Moskovskiy avenue, Cheboksary, Russia), E-mail: Vsa_21@mail.ru
Background. Determination of various surfaces’ waviness is an important factor in assessing the quality of the objects under study. The subject of the research is the process of measuring the waviness of various surfaces. The purpose of this work is to calculate the waviness parameters by a laser sensor by the circular scanning method to increase the efficiency of studying various surfaces. Materials and methods. To measure the roughness of the soil surface profile, it is proposed to use the method of circular scanning with a mechatronic profilograph. The article provides a scheme for scanning the profile of waviness, determining the direction of the profile and parameters of the height and step of waviness of surfaces. Results. The measurement of the waviness parameters was carried out by the method of circular scanning with a mechatronic profilograph, in the educational laboratory of the Mechanical Engineering Faculty of the Chuvash State University named after I. N. Ulyanov. The graphs of measuring the parameters of the deflection of a metal sheet in polar coordinates and in the form of a sweep were obtained, the parameters of the height and step of the waviness of the surface of the metal sheet were determined. Conclusions. In a scientific article, it was found that to determine the roughness of the soil to use the circular method of laser scanning, as well as to automate the measurement process to increase the measurement speed.
1. Patent 2707907 Russian Federation. Field non-contact profiler for spiral scanning. Vasil'ev S.A., Fedorova A.A. No. 2019113180; appl. 29.04.2019; publ. 02.12.2019, bull. No. 34. (In Russ.)
2. Fedorova A.A, Vasil'ev S.A., Ivanov I.N. Analysis of a profiler to determine the geometric characteristics of products by spiral scanning with a laser profiler. Vestnik sovremennykh tekhnologiy = Bulletin of modern technologies. 2020;(2):27–32. (In Russ.)
3. Wang T., Groche P. Sheet metal profiles with variable height: numerical analyses on flexible roller beading. Journal of Manufacturing and Materials Processing. 2019;3(1):19. doi:10.3390/ jmmp3010019
4. Stoudt M., Hubbard J.B. Analysis of deformation-induced surface morphologies in steel sheet. Acta Materialia. 2005;53(16):4293–4304. doi:10.1016/j.actamat.2005.05.038
5. Vasil'ev S.A., Maksimov I.I., Alekseev V.V. Method and device for profiling the soil surface and determining the direction of precipitation runoff in the field. Vestnik APK Stavropol'ya = Bulletin of Stavropol Agricultural Complex. 2015;(3):22–26. (In Russ.)
6. Vasil'ev S.A., Alekseev V.V., Rechnov A.V. Express method for quantitative assessment of crop residues on the soil surface. Agrarnyy nauchnyy zhurnal = Agrarian scientific journal. 2015;(9):11–13. (In Russ.)
7. Hockauf R., Grove T., Denkena B. Prediction of ground surfaces by using the actual tool topography. Journal of Manufacturing and Materials Processing. 2019;3(2):40. doi:10.3390/jmmp3020040
8. Vasiliev S., Kirillov A., Afanasieva I. Method for controlling meliorative technologies on sloping cultivated lands using large scale profilometer. Engineering for Rural Development. Proceedings. 2018;17:537–542.
9. Vasil'ev S.A. Development of a method and profiler for the assessment of reclamation technologies on slope agricultural landscapes. Izvestiya Nizhnevolzhskogo agrouniversitetskogo kompleksa: nauka i vysshee professional'noe obrazovanie = Proceedings of Nizhnevolzhsky agro-university complex: science and higher professional education. 2016;(3):220–226. (In Russ.)
10. Vasil'ev S.A. Substantiation of structural and technological parameters of profilers for the control of reclamation technologies on slope agricultural landscapes. Nauchnyy zhurnal Rossiyskogo NII problem melioratsii = Proceedings of the Russian Research Institute of land reclamation problems. 2016;(4):40–54. (In Russ.)
11. Ravimal D., Kim H., Koh D., Hong J.H., Lee S.K. Image-based inspection technique of a machined metal surface for an unmanned lapping process. International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing – Green Technology. 2019. doi: 10.1007/s40684-019-00181-7
12. Patent 2724386 Russian Federation. Mechatronic profilograph. Vasil'ev S.A., Aleksandrov R.I., Fedorova A.A., Vasil'ev M.A., Mishin S.A., Limonov S.A. No. 2020107081; appl. 14.02.2020; publ. 23.06.2020, bull. No. 34. (In Russ.)